There is a remarkable range of safes on the market with different sizes and standards of security. Each one made for different requirements. According to their type of opening, we can find the safes in two groups:
- Old safes, which are usually heavier and have a rotating wheel in which we enter the password to open the door.
- Modern safes, which work with an electronic system, with a digital password by numbers or the most modern, have an alphanumeric system and the most advanced and safe, with a biometric system, it means, digital fingerprint reader, Iris reader, etc.
We can also classify them according to their opening systems, where there are several types such as:
- Safes with main key.
- Safes with key plus mechanical combination.
- Safes with key plus electronic combination or motorized electronic combination.
There are safes for specific uses such as the gunsmiths, which are boxes designed exclusively to store weapons or long weapons, and their custody.
- Approved gun vaults: Which follow the current legislation, exceeding a series of rules of the official agencies, used in arms stores or military areas.
- Armeros no homologados: Son aquellas cajas fuertes destinadas a la custodia de armas, pero orientadas al uso privado.
There are also fireproof safes, which are made of heat resistant materials to store files, information or money protecting them in case a fire. Many of them are also resistant to humidity or water due to their hermetic characteristics.